Friday, December 11, 2009

Journal 7-Wrapping Up Loose Ends



After the miscommunication that hit our group last week, we were clear to double check scheduling with Mr. Gonzales before our final visit. Upon dividing up the final group project work amongst ourselves, I drew the lucky card and was in charge of the landscape component of the group project. This area serves me quite well actually because I am using the same archival resources for my final individual project. I chose to primarily focus on some of the famous buildings that once stood as landmarks in Milwaukee's South Side. Through driving around, usage of U.W.M.'s archives, speaking with locals / my students, and researching the web, I was able to discover a number of prolific buildings within the South Side area. Some of these buildings have been destroyed, others have been completely gutted and remodeled. Others yet, namely the churches, have been well-maintained. In addition, my work with the students aided me in tying this topic into my work at Loyola. Through a few hours of research, I was able to learn what started the drastic rise in immigrating Hispanic Americans into the Milwaukee area.

No comments:

Post a Comment